According to *The Muse Matters Daily, countless souls have been infected by the Socialhusbanditis infection that is sweeping its way through our digital society. It has been reported that 7 out of 10 women have admitted falling victim to this vicious infection that is destroying relationships and hindering many women from meeting great men. Health officials have blamed the outbreak on the increasing popularity of filtered images and excellent lighting.
One woman who did not want to be named said that she was currently undergoing treatment after suffering from Socialhusbanditis for 72 hours.
She said ‘I wanted my future spouse to have a certain physique, look, hair type and bank account. He had to have all the vital stats that would make us a winning couple and one day be awarded the coveted, Couple Goals hashtag’.
The woman in her early twenties went on to say that she was turning so many men away that did not act or look like a well known social media star. She said ‘One guy that I met was really sweet, he was kind, loyal and a great prayer warrior, but he hated chia seeds, Acai bowls and lacked spontaneity and aerial prowess. He didn’t understand why I needed him to be available at my beck and call to produce my Lookbooks and take panoramic shots‘
Have you fallen victim to Social-husband-itis?
The main common symptoms are:
- Always needing to compare your husband, fiance or boyfriend with other men.
- Unrealistic expectations of loved one’s appearance and income bracket.
- Constantly rejecting potential suitors that do not look or act like a Social media icon.
- Demanding that your husband, fiance or boyfriend take staged photographs together.
How can you treat Socialhusbanditis?
- Consider going on a social media fast.
- Turn off ALL notifications linked to his social media accounts.
- Renounce your allegiance to the ‘He’s not my bae but I want my bae to be exactly like him’ society.
- Throw away or delete your ‘Bae-list’, ‘Husband-to-be list’ or your ‘I claim a husband that looks like them [Insert their names here]’ list.
- Meditate day, noon and night on 1 Samuel 16:7 – But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
*Fake News 🙂
Media Source: Giphy.com
What do you think can be done to stop the spread of socialhusbanditis? Do you think that social media has helped us to build healthy relationships or given us unhealthy and unrealistic expectations? I would love to read your comments. Please don’t forget to like, follow or share 🙂