It’s that time of year to re-evaluate your goals, declutter your CV and give your career a thorough makeover.
- Delete unnecessary buzzwords and jargon from your CV or Resume.
- Give your CV a Style Makeover. Check out Guru and Shortlist for ideas.
- Rebrand your social media profiles.
- Showcase your communication and presentation skills with a Video CV.
- Update your CV to reflect new skill levels and qualifications.
- Upload a new profile picture (business attire or professional).
- Use Grammarly or Ginger to proofread your CV, Resume and cover letters.
- Enrol onto an E-learning or vocational course.
- Read books related to your field of work to boost your brain power.
- Avoid speed networking. Strategically build a network of new contacts.
- Spring clean your work attire.
- Join a mentorship programme.
- Enquire about work shadow opportunities.
- Arrange a face to face appointment with a recruitment consultant.
- Attend a University Alumni event linked to your career.
- Enquire about organic growth programmes at work.
- Install a ‘common interviewing questions’ app onto your phone.
- Learn a new language to improve your career opportunities. Try out Duolingo.
- Practice your ‘small talk’ skills to win over potential employers.
- Create a Linkedin headline that promotes, markets and showcases your expertise.
- Research your target audience and develop content that caters to their needs.
- Consider setting up a personal website to showcase your skills and portfolio.
- Create a visually attractive portfolio to showcase your achievements.
- Re-evaluate your short, mid and long-term career goals.
- Use a Gantt chart to analyse, manage and keep track of your job search.
- Identify a target company’s key problems and devise effective solutions.
- Research your target company’s core beliefs and values.
- Use GoogleAdwords to boost your online presence.
- Read my post – How to save your career from the chopping board.
- Delete Inactive social media accounts.
- Delete unnecessary selfies and provocative photographs from your social media.
- Set up a career-focused blog to improve your SEO presence.
- Practice your 30-second elevator pitch. – Read Entrepreneur’s 6 tips here.
- Take a break 🙂
GIF Credit: Source by salmianna.tumblr.com/ (Taken from http://www.giphy.com)
Do you have any other tips to share? Please don’t forget to like, leave a comment, follow and share 🙂